focusraven.com

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Girl at Dunkin

My roller bag is humongous. If you tried to lift it, it would seem even more humongous to you. I carry it everywhere I go. This includes the book store, behind some trees (where I sleep), to coffee shops, and so on. I’ve been reading in a Dunkin Donuts for about an hour with this bag here besides me. I mention the bag because I’m embarrassed to have it. You see, blog readers, there is an immensely beautiful women sitting right across from me drinking a coffee. It is bad enough that I am not shaven, probably don’t smell the greatest, am wearing so many layers to keep warm, but that I have my house on wheels sitting next to me is the ultimate crusher of embarrassment. There was a time when I could easily strike a conversation with someone when I was interested in them.

I still have an opportunity to say something -- right now! But I don’t know what to say. I need the words. I am not shy, I just have nothing to say. Nice weather? But we both know about the weather, and it isn’t anything conversational. Maybe I am too afraid, and that’s why nothing will come to me. O blog reader, if you saw her you’d be speechless too. What do I say?

A few minutes just past with great tension in my mind, but she just got up and left. She saw me looking at her, and I tried to smile a little, but I’m not sure if I actually did. I did, however, miss the opportunity to get to know her. My future wife, now gone forever. I was in no condition to say anything, the way I look and am. She deserves someone with more than a zip-up home on wheels. Maybe she will stop by this DD again. She did noticed me. The second occasion always affords easier ways to start conversation, something like, “I’ve seen you before.”

No comments:

Post a Comment